As one of the largest food companies in the world, we have an important responsibility to help build a more sustainable food system. And we’re doing just that. Together, we’re delivering profitable business growth, while doing what’s right for our customers, consumers, suppliers, team members, communities, the planet and our shareholders.
Today, we announced the release of our 2018 SUSTAINABILITY REPORT, “SUSTAINING OUR WORLD, TOGETHER,” which demonstrates progress across key sustainability commitments Tyson Foods has made, including:
- Workplace Safety: More than doubled its 10 percent year-over-year commitment to reduce OSHA recordable workplace injuries and illnesses (a 22 percent decline)
- Team Member Education: Expanded Upward Academy, a language and life skills education program, to 33 plant locations.
- Environment: Became the first U.S.-based protein company to receive approval from the Science Based Target Initiative for its greenhouse gas reduction target of 30% by 2030.
- Animal Welfare: Expanded implementation of the largest third-party remote video auditing system in the industry.
- Hunger Relief: Donated more than 46 million servings of protein to hunger relief efforts across the U.S. and continued to move ahead of schedule in meeting its commitment to provide $50 million in five years to fight hunger.
We are proud of the progress we’ve made, and hope you’ll read the report to learn more about our sustainability journey.
Thank you for all you have done to raise the bar and the world’s expectations for the good food can do.
|Published May 13, 2019.|